Saturday, July 26, 2008

WEEK #2

This is the chapter book we are reading. Misty of Chincoteague. It is a great story about the ponies of Chincoteague Island and Pony Penning Day. Isabella really likes horses and we are learning a lot about them. We are also reading Girls and their Horses an American Girl book. We read about Wild Ponies, Mini Horses, Vaulters and Show Jumpers.

We made ice cream for a science experiment, a water balloon yo-yo and silhouettes of Isabella, Annais, and Kaira.

We learned about Arizona and Arkansas this week too. Isabella chose her two favorite projects to photograph and post here. She completed the crossword puzzle below all by herself. She loves crossword puzzles which is exciting to me because it will be great for vocabulary and spelling.

In our bible reading and devotional time we read from My Little Princess devotional book and the daily bible. Isabella's favorite story this week was Jacob's ladder and she wondered what it would be like if God talked to everyone that way. Our hymn this week was Amazing Grace, we learned the song and learned about Grace.



2 comments:

Carolyn TB said...

WOW, Isabella, what a wonderful week you had and how much you learned. I'm so Godly proud of you!

I'm so glad that I got to see/hug you and your parents this morning at church.

Jesus loves you & Ninny does too.

XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Isabella,
You all are reading one of mine and Heather's favorite books Misty. We both loved reading all about horses when we were younger. AND you learned one of my favorite songs this week Amazing Grace. I can't wait to hear you sing it to me. Sounds like you are having fun and learning lots. Thanks for sharing. I am beginning to learn how to do this blogging and realized I have to click on name or I become "Anonymous". :>)
Have a fun week learning next week!
Love you,
Miss Beth